Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 18th

Hello everybody! The missionary work continues here in the Cambridge 1st Ward. We find out tomorrow whether or not any of us will be getting transferred. I've been here for 7 and 1/2 months, so I will probably be leaving, but there is no guarantee. It seems like missionaries are staying longer and longer in areas on average in our mission, so I could be one of those that stays at least 9 months in an area. I'll be okay with whatever happens; I have been here for a long time, but I'm also comfortable with the area and there are still plenty of people to talk to, which keeps things interesting.

I had a great experience this week, you will all enjoy this.

Many of you know that I am colorblind, and if you knew that about me, then you also knew that it hasn't really affected my life. I just see colors a little bit differently, so it doesn't really seem like a big deal. Well, a couple of days ago I went into my closet to pick out some pants to wear for the day. I have four sets of black pants, and one set of blue pants. Knowing that I am colorblind, and also knowing that I am going to wear my plain black suit coat, I hold up the pair of pants that I have selected and compare them to the coat- I needed to make sure that they were black! After testing them, I put them on along with my suit coat and headed out for the day.

About two hours later, Elder Hansen (a temporary companion of mine until transfers) started laughing at me and told me to look at my pants. I did look down, and realized that I had still somehow managed to wear my blue pants. Pretty embarrassing, especially because I had done this a couple of years ago in high school. You would think that I would be able to catch something like that if I tested it like I did, but I'll probably just have to put my blue pants in a separate closet or have my companions double-check my apparel to make sure I don't look like an idiot.

So things are still fun, and I'm still being humbled in a variety of ways. I love being on the mission, and it is amazing to see the impact that you can have on a community if you just put a little bit more effort each day into helping others out. I will be eternally grateful for my mission. Love you all! I'll write a little bit on Wednesday to let you know if I'm getting transferred.

Love,
Elder Crandell

No comments:

Post a Comment