Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st

Hello everyone! Another great week here in the Brewster Branch. We had an interesting week visiting the members of the branch and tracting. It sometimes seems like we tract all the time, but then I realize it's because we really are tracting all the time. We have had success, and hopefully we will be able to continue to find people who have been prepared and placed in our path.

Fun experience this week: we taught a lady of the Baha'i faith (spelled something like that) about our message of the Restoration of the gospel in our day, and she explained some of her beliefs. I learned a bunch about what they believe, and she was good about keeping the conversation from becoming contentious. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to be in a position to seek for more truth, so nothing much came of it.

Another cool experience was getting rejected door to door frequently. It almost doesn't register in my mind when someone yells at us instead of just saying they aren't interested; I guess I've adapted to it. I imagine it is a new experience for my companion though- he didn't get any of this at the MTC! But it's ok, we found some people that seemed mildly interested, so hopefully something can come from that.

Mission is going great. I love this opportunity, and am grateful for all the missionaries who dedicate these 2 years to serving. Some of them might not be as valiant as others in keeping that fire going for 2 whole years, but that's why we are all in this together. It's an opportunity to serve the people- nonmembers, members, and other missionaries. Hopefully I can keep it up when things get hard, too. It is definitely "easier said than done", as they say.

Sure Love Ya,
Elder Crandell

No comments:

Post a Comment