Monday, May 2, 2011

It has been a fantastic week, and not only because of the great weather we are having. Last Monday, we got together with about 20 missionaries and played soccer for a few hours. I was very happy to be playing again, although my muscles throughout my body were not nearly as pleased with the physical trauma I put them through.
As the weather becomes friendlier, there is a noticeable difference in the people. We went out and decided to try something a little different this week, which included chalk, a stretch of sidewalk along a busy main street packed with stores, and the plan of salvation. We decided to draw out the plan of salvation on the sidewalk; Elder Yurevich chalked as I talked, trying to invite people over to check out God's plan for everyone, and the true meaning of life. After several uninterested people, we were able to talk to some students passing by who took the time to check out what had been drawn on the sidewalk, and we shared a quick summary of God's plan. This led to both Elder Yurevich and I talking with them for a solid hour, and they eventually had to run but want to meet back up to learn more. It was a ton of fun to try something different to reach out to the people here, and it worked!
I am excited about the talents and abilities that we all have; they really can bring people together. I feel that it is important to show how much fun living the gospel really can be, we don't need to walk up and down the streets reading the Bible or the Book of Mormon and preach to everyone- sometimes it is more important to live the gospel in your daily life. This week, I learned that I can do a better job of making the gospel more about happiness than about showing the "work" involved. Thank you to all who have supported me and are sharing my mission with me through reading my emails, I could do a better job of sharing more of my mission. Stay strong in the faith!
Elder Crandell

No comments:

Post a Comment