Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23rd

Hello everyone! It's been another great week in the Cambridge 1st Ward, and Cambridge and Somerville are still (arguably) the best cities to cover in the mission. Good news- we have a baptismal date set for September 5th, and it looks very promising! We have been working with this family for awhile, and the two kids are definitely ready! Elder Ichi and I are happy, and Elder Davies (my last companion) is excited to see them go through, too.

The ward is really stepping up to help us with the work- we have had members teaching with us in lessons, helping us schedule appointments with people, and helping those that we bring to church feel welcome. We have had awesome experiences the past couple of weeks at church, and this next week should be even better because we have a couple of lessons planned with non-members that members have said they will go to.

I've thought about the mission experience lately, and have been surprised at the things that I will do on a routine basis. So many times I have gotten myself into situations where all I can think of is, "Why the heck am I doing this?" The good thing about it is that these moments are all of "good report". Whenever I feel like the work has become drudgery- something that I just have to get done- I have found that the best thing to do is to figure out why I'm feeling that way about a certain part of missionary work. Even if I can't figure it out, I think just giving my all to make the work fun has been the best solution. Laughter really is the best medicine, both for yourself and for those around you!

Love,
Elder Crandell

No comments:

Post a Comment