Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August 2nd

Hello everyone! It has been a very busy week. We had transfers, and my new companion is Elder Ichi (pronounced ee-shee). He's a beast! Actually he is smaller than me, but he works like a beast. He was born in Brazil, has lived in Utah for 7 years, speaks Portuguese fluently, and a little bit of Spanish. We get along great, and he is an awesome missionary already. This week has been packed with buying him stuff and getting stuff packed away. He has officially been in the mission field for four days now, and he hasn't gone home yet, which is amazing considering he is stuck with me! He is a very good-natured guy and ready to work, so this should be the best transfer yet of the mission.

We are working with three baptismal dates, and still have the same obstacles as before: we need the mother of kids we are teaching to be more active in the Church, another lady to quit smoking, and for the permission from the parents of a teenager we are teaching. Hopefully with Elder Ichi coming in, we'll be able to get through these troubles.

Mission is going great, and I'm still learning a ton. I'm excited for the summer to be over, but at the same time I am fearful for my life when the winter gets here. Cold weather and I don't get along very well.

Love you all, stay strong. Jesus Christ is Our Savior and Redeemer, and He is able to succor us according to our infirmities. (To avoid "plagiarism", I'll refer you all to Alma 7: 11-13 as my source.) He knows what we go through- we are never alone!

Elder Crandell

No comments:

Post a Comment