Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30th

Hello nation. (Colbert fans, anyone?) This week have been fantastic, and I'm not just saying that, Tony Demattia. We were able to see great things happen- we found a bunch of people to teach, we had several people come to church, we have a baptism planned for this Sunday, September 5th, and the ward is doing a great job in helping us out with teaching and being examples to our non-members. This was a really busy week for us, and busy = fun here on the mission. It seems like every week I learn something that I can do better to help with my missionary work, and I'm grateful for that. It keeps the experience from becoming monotonous.

We challenged quite a few people to be baptized this week, and although none of the people accepted, they were definitely open to thinking about taking that step and praying about it. That was good to see- it can be hard to ask somebody, "Will you be baptized by the proper priesthood authority of God? Will you prepare to be baptized on (such and such) date?" when it seems that people would be put off by such a bold question. However, I have seen that if you say it lovingly and pray for the Spirit, the invitation becomes natural.

So yes, this week was great. I may not know everything, and I might not be right on certain things, but I'm glad that I have found a faith and a God that can provide ways and means to bring me to an understanding. If we are here on this earth preparing ourselves to be like our Heavenly Father, then shouldn't we try to do as He does- be the answer to other's prayers, work for the immortality and eternal life of other people, and learn to be creators ourselves? It seems like learning to create a beautiful experience out of a negative beginning, or turning the weak into something strong, is exactly what our Heavenly Father wants us to learn. We aren't on this earth to do things like our Father, we are here to become like our Father. And that transformation should not (or maybe can't) happen after we die. I'm grateful that I can be a missionary, and be working with the Lord in His vineyard to bring out good fruit.

Love you all,
Elder Crandell

No comments:

Post a Comment