Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey everyone! An awesome week in the Weston 1st Ward, we got a couple of new investigators and member referrals. Things are looking pretty good right now! I love coming into a new area and making a fresh start, it's great. My companion and I get along great, and we have been teaching well together. So far, this transfer has been the best yet.

It's really cold here, much colder than in Brewster. It was 2 degrees Fahrenheit this morning, and it is supposed to get below 0 the next couple of nights. On top of that, we are expecting a snow storm tomorrow night, which means Wednesday will be a shoveling day! We shovel all of the houses in our circle, because some of the houses have single women living there, which makes for a nice service opportunity. Plus, we can't drive if it snows too much- we get a text saying that we aren't allowed to drive on some of the snow days. It's happened about four times- not something that happens in Mesa.

The work is awesome. This transfer is going really well. We have found a bunch of people to teach in the last week and a half, and it should only get better and better. I love being a missionary. I would say that I am still the same person, only now I am more aware of my weaknesses. I cannot tell you how great this has been for me! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is, as the names implies, the true Church of Jesus Christ again on the earth today. I love you all, stay strong!

Love,

Elder Crandell

Oh my goodness, I am definitely not missing Arizona after hearing about your cactus experience! Haha just kidding, but that sounded like a really difficult situation. I hope everyone heals up ok from it!

Yes, my bishop is Danny Ainge. He is the one from Arizona, and he is currently the GM for the Boston Celtics. Preston will know all about that; he is one of the most famous LDS figures in sports history. He's awesome, I met him just yesterday and I'm pretty excited to be in this ward. I love the area, love the people, love my companion... man, this is definitely needed, because I need some time to recuperate from my last experience! Everything is awesome.

Great to hear from you, say hi to the rest of the family!

Love,

Elder Crandell

1 comment:

  1. Elder Crandell!! It's the DeMattia family, wishing you the best birthday ever! Yup, a little birdy told us your b-day was the 28th, and tomorrow's Alli's birthday. So many birthdays this month; we didn't know your number, though... Hope everything is well over in Weston and that you're enjoying your mission and living life to the fullest!

    Love,
    the best family in Massachusetts,
    Tony
    Andrea
    Alexis
    Justin
    Melanie
    and Emily

    ReplyDelete